DSV Vacancy Application Details.
The DSV Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
DSV Jobs Vacancy
DSV – Global Transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 90 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: Pretoria, Silverton
Job Posting Title: [[Employee Relations Specialist]] Time Type: Full Time
Degree, diploma or other relevant experience relating to HR, IR/ ER, Labour Legislation
Minimum of 2-3 years experience in an industrial relations role.
- The ability to function well under pressure, prioritize matters and act on them accordingly
- The ability to function both independently and in a team, take initiative, shows commitment and is motivated to achieve tasks in the required time frame
- Able to work overtime as and when role and responsibilities require it
- Demonstrates good organizational and leadership ability with strong negotiation, interpersonal and mediation skills with a positive attitude
- Needs to be culturally aware with good ethics, problem-solving and strategic thinking competencies
- Continuously pursues to improve skills through on the job or external training.
- An understanding of and insight into the BCEA, LRA, OHS, EE, SDL and POPI acts. Be informed, research and keep up to date with the South African Labour Law and various acts.
- Knowledge of regulations and compliance as it relates to Human resources, South African law and NBCRFLI agreements
Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken Attributes- sound ability to communicate effectively across all levels
Previous experience working in the automotive sector advantageous
Main Purpose of this role
Provide IR support to the HR department, to ensure a harmonious working environment for all employees
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enquiry / Hearings /Investigations/Disputes
- Able to resolve conflicts and manage grievances. Manage grievances and grievance procedures timeously and ensure management are updated.
- Advise and coordinate with the HR and departmental Managers with respect to employee disciplinary action required such as including preparation of documents, investigation of any offence, scheduling hearings, and attendance at hearings/ grievances handling
- Support the HR and departmental managers on any CCMA or Labour court referrals
- Unions /ER / Management /development
- Assist employees and management with queries and requests with regards to HR /IR .
- Union engagement – monthly meetings with minutes
- Ensure management and union compliance on any collective agreements.
- Continually analyse and develop operating procedures as it relates to IR
- Ensure and assist businesses with strike and contingency plans and that they are continually updated in the event of any industrial action
- Prepare minutes of various Union or employee meetings and prepare other required reports
- Use discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Advise management on all matters that involve conflict between employees.
- Assist in the development of HR, IR and ER labour protocols, operating procedures.
- Maintain and follow HR policies, regulations and procedures related to the function, rights and responsibilities of all staff.
- Ensure that all staff members are aware of the IR and ER protocols and regulations and that employees have access to the relevant documents or policies when needed. Conduct regular engagement with employees to; explain company policies and procedures, address issues timely and report to management all unresolved ones.
- Ensure continuous revision, internal training and updates are provided on various IR and ER and recent case law and that this is conducted regularly across all levels of management and where necessary coordinate external training on relevant matters
- Work with the representative union and management in managing conflict between parties and employees
- Assist in the organization and induction of new staff on the code of conduct, HR and IR protocols and operating procedures during orientation
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the IR Head or the Human Resources Head .
Disclaimer: Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should an external candidate not hear from us within four (4) weeks following their application, they should consider their application unsuccessful. Strictly fair and non-discriminatory selection procedures will be followed. We use Affirmative Action (AA) measures in an endeavor to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups. Where possible, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and in line with DSV’s Employment Equity plans. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global Transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!