Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) Job Vacancy- read Full Application details below.
The Institute of Health Programs and Systems (IHPS) is a South African non-profit company (NPC) born out of the PEPFAR CDC Track 1 transition of the ICAP, Columbia University, Multi-country AIDS Program (MCAP) in South Africa in 2010. The IHPS mission is “to strengthen health and development systems through program implementation and partnerships” and the vision is “optimal and sustainable health and development outcomes”.
Presently, IHPS is a Global Fund Subrecipient (SR) under Beyond Zero (BZ), tasked to implement the “Prevention programs for adolescents and youths, in and out of school” with a specific focus on adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in the Dihlabeng and Setsoto Subdistricts, Thabo Mofutsanyane District in the Free State Province from April 2019 – March 2022. As such, IHPS seeks to recruit the position outlined below, based in Bethlehem, Free State Province.
Job Title: Centre Manager(Out of School AGYW Program)
Location: South Africa
- Lead the overall planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities in the Subdistrict to achieve results against set objectives;
- Oversee overall mapping of safe spaces and community outreach points in the Subdistrict;
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders i.e. government departments, schools, community leadership and all other relevant stakeholders;
- Advocate for the implementation of the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities with the various stakeholders and government departments;
- Ensure the AGYW safe spaces and community outreach activities are aligned with the relevant government policies and legislations to facilitate linkages and retention;
- Work with the AGYW program strategic information (SI) team to ensure all Out-of-School program related data is collected, validated, reported and utilised accurately and timeously to inform and guide evidence-based program planning and implementation;
- Work with the AGYW program SI team to ensure that the AGYW safe spaces and community AGYW program staff have the necessary capacity to use biometric data management system as applicable;
- Assess/ identify capacity needs of Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach program staff and build their capacity through training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision as appropriate;
- Actively participate in on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities;
- Represent the Out-of-School AGYW program in all relevant platforms as and when required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager and the IHPS senior management team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Command of local languages would be an added advantage;
- Experience in program management i.e. development, work planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER); financial management and understanding and tracking of budgets;
- Experience in managing and building capacity (i.e. training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision) of field-based teams, including facilitation skills;
- Ability to take initiatives, work under pressure and multitask with minimum supervision;
- A team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills; effective time management and coordination skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite and project management tools;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work;
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming, with a specific focus on AGYW or adolescent and youth friendly services (AYFS);
- Demonstrated experience in AGYW program planning and implementation. Program management experience in Global Fund, PEPFAR or other AGYW projects is preferred;
- In-depth understanding of government social development, health and basic educations systems; Limpopo Province-specific experience would be an added advantage.
Daily travel to the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach sites
This position description may not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, their education and work experience. The employer reserves the right to revise this posting at any time.
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to [email protected]ihps-sa.org. Subject line should be the position and subdistrict you are applying for, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS about these positions will be accepted.
Application Deadline: 14 September 2020
for more details click here