Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) Job Vacancy- read Full Application details below.
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: M&E Officers
Location: City of Johannesburg x 3
Tshwane x 1
West Coast x 3,
Cape Winelands x 3
Employment type: Fixed term contract
Reporting to: Data Manager
To support the design, implementation and management of systems and processes related to the monitoring of progress against the project’s indicators and targets. To ensure integrity and quality supervision of collection, capturing, validation and reporting of data feeding into webDHIS, TIER.Net, EDRWeb and USAID reporting platforms. To contribute in the capacity building and training of IRD-SA TB LON project data capturers and TB LON staff at all levels of project implementation to reporting complete and high-quality data timeously within a facility and sub-districts in City of Johannesburg, Tshwane, West Coast and Cape Winelands Metropolitan Municipalities.
Key Accountabilities (included but not limited to)
In your role as a M&E Officer you will be accountable for:
- Routinely review collected data and perform DQA checks for the six data quality dimensions (i.e. validity, reliability, integrity, precision, and timeliness).
- Perform basic and complex data analyses using appropriate software for project external reports and internal data review meetings
- Identify gaps within TB/DR-TB M&E system and implement quality improvement plans to address identified gaps.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources into usable information for program management and decision making
- Prepare accurate and timely routine data reports for TB data repository on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Supervise and support data capturers and data officers through motivation, guidance, review and feedback on assigned deliverables
- Track progress towards achieving the programme targets, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the reporting systems as per TB LON formats and requirements.
- Ensure implementation and use of MEL plan, TB LON data tools, and SOPs by project staff
- Ensure capacity building and implementation of DHMIS policy, DHMIS Facility SOP and TB/HIV Data Management SOPs
- Conduct data validation and verification using various online and offline platforms
- Postgraduate qualification in public health, sociology, monitoring and evaluation or equivalent degree
- 2 years Health Data Management experience (webDHIS, Tier.Net and EDRWeb).
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Tuberculosis or Health related programmes
- Driver’s license and own motor vehicle.
- Willingness and availability to travel and, on occasion, to work long and/or irregular hours
Experience & skills:
- 2 years’ experience in data/information management in a Health environment preferably USAID funded projects.
- Knowledge of DOH major policy directives and data flow programs.
- Knowledge of the public health system / Health systems awareness.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Data Management Skills within health setting.
- Computer literacy.
- Numerical reasoning.
- Analytics/ monitoring and evaluation.
- Facilitation and mentoring/capacity building.
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
- Attention to detail to control quality and standards trough MER -Monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Ability in applying technical expertise to connect the dots, make linkages and collaboratively work across the organization to optimize data quality across people and systems supported.
- Function well in a team structure (team vs the individual).
- Results orientation.
- Analytical thinking.
- Solution focused.
- Facilitation / communication
- Maintain confidentiality.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Applications Deadline: Friday, 6th October 2020
Kindly note that placement is dependent on project funding.
Salary range CTC: Market Related package. Bio-data will also be taken into consideration.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer
for more details click here