Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) Ongoing Job Recruitment – Apply Now!- read Full Application details below.
Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) works with children and their families in some of the nation’s most marginalised communities. SCSA is at the forefront of saving children’s lives and creating lasting change for children and their families, reaching over 100,000 children directly and over a million children indirectly annually through child rights, health and nutrition, child protection and education programmes.
In 2020, SCSA will implement the Happy Living and Learning project 2.0 in ECD centres in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Limpopo over a 2 -year period. With support from the HLL Project Manager, the Project officer will be responsible for the facilitation, coordination and implementation of the HLL ECD project activities at the selected sites at provincial level. The project officer will facilitate trainings for ECD practitioners, supervisors and caregivers in health, education, child protection and child rights and governance. S/he will liaise with key stakeholders in the community and caregivers and manage one project training officer.
Job Title: Happy Living and Learning (HLL) Project Officer
Location: 2 Positions: Gauteng or Limpopo
Fixed term: 24 months (2 years)
Reports to: Project Manager
Travel Requirements: Travel within the province, some national
Budget Responsibilities: Own Projects only
Asset Responsibilities: Save the Children work tools, and Project related
External Representation: Regular (Some contact with ECD Sector Stakeholders)
- Implement and report on all project activities in the province, developing and maintain an implementation plan for the project; and ensuring all provincial deliverables are met.
- In line with the approved project implementation plan and the budget, develop the monthly project plans and monthly progress report
- Conduct assessment of ECD sites, and assist in the identification of skill and resource gaps
- Initiate and engage with local relevant ECD forums and local communities
- Develop and maintain key government stakeholder relationships
- Schedule and implement training workshops and provide follow-up support to the ECD practitioners, staff and caregivers
- Assist in the development and revision of training materials
- Conduct basic assessment and evaluation of learning outcomes
- Mentor ECD staff in classroom practices and implementation of new skills & knowledge
- In collaboration with M& E staff, develop monitoring plans for effective delivery of training in the province
- Draft reports on training for inclusion in donor reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills
- Capacity building including facilitation, training and mentoring skills
- Ability to work as part of team;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate ability to form good relationships and work well with District and local level government, NGO partners and key community stakeholders;
- Demonstrate skills and proficiency in Microsoft office (word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Sound work ethics; and ability to work independently;
- Analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Innovative and dynamic;
- Passion for the well-being of others, especially children
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Education or Social Science field;
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in Education Sector (preferred experience of working with ECD Practitioners and ECD centres within communities);
- Grade 12 proficiency with English and one other relevant local language;
- Experience working within an NGO;
- Current Driving licence
Interested parties should submit their CV with a 1-page cover letter including the expected remuneration per month.
Applications Deadline: 28th August 2020
All applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Please ensure that the subject line states: HILL Project Officer PO01 Application
Should you not hear from us after two weeks from the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.
for more details click here