The International Finance Corporation (IFC) Global Internship Program (GIP) 2021 for young professionals.- read Full details below. Welcome to Za Best Info.
Application Deadline: March 8th 2021
The IFC Global Internship Program (GIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of IFC and the broader World Bank Group, and be a part of the largest private sector development institution in the world. Selected interns will be offered short-term temporary contracts with IFC that can begin as early as May and end as late as October 31, 2021. The GIP encourages individuals to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s work, while improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. In addition, it is a great way to enhance your CV and build an international network of professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
IFC hires Global Interns for a minimum period of four weeks between May and October to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. or in one of IFC’s country or regional offices.
The GIP receives about 1500 applications each year, from which candidates are short-listed for departmental interviews. Successful short-listed GIP candidates are directly hired and paid by interested departments worldwide, based on their business need and the particular profile of the candidate. Operational assignments cover various areas of work, such as participation in sector-specific market mapping, investment proposal reviews, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, upstream work and advisory services activities. Other assignments can cover a range of activities in corporate and support departments.
Following a thorough evaluation process at the conclusion of the internship, successful GIP interns are encouraged to apply to the WBG Young Professionals Program should they meet such application requirements, or to any other full-time opportunity available after graduation.
Should other internship opportunities become available throughout the Summer, applications will be kept open for review until August 31, 2021
• Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of an MBA or other Master’s level program.
• Strong interest in and commitment to impact investing and sustainable private sector solutions
• At least three years of relevant work experience related to the advertised opportunities (previous job positions, paid or unpaid internships, and volunteer work count).
• Emerging markets experience preferred
• For investment-related opportunities, strong analytical, quantitative, communication, negotiation, business development and client relationship skills
• For all opportunities, please see requirements specific to the advertised position
• Enthusiasm for working in multicultural teams and across borders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; proficiency in one or more languages – Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Malagasy – strongly preferred
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and depending on local conditions, some positions may be filled on a work- from-home basis and may require working in different time zones. All positions will require adherence to all related visa laws.
Candidates must be in the first or second-to-last year of a Masters’ level program, with at least three years of relevant experience. Please see the available internship opportunities with additional selection criteria below.
Application and Selection Process:
Applications will open from February 8, 2021 (at noon EST) to March 8, 2021 (at 11:59pm UTC). Applicants will receive a status update no later than end-March 2021. Selected interns will be offered short-term temporary contracts that can begin as early as May and end as late as October 31, 2021. Applications during the February 8 to March 8 application window will be kept open for review until August 31, 2021, should other internship opportunities become available throughout the Summer.
For More Information:
for more details click here