UNESCO-Japan Prize 2021 for outstanding projects in Education for Sustainable Development (US$ 50,000 prize)- read Full details below. Welcome to Za Best Info.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021
The UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for sustainable development, funded by the Government of Japan, consists of three annual awards of USD 50,000 for each recipient. It was awarded for the first time by the Director-General of UNESCO in November 2015.
The Prize and award winners recognize the role of education in connecting the social, economic, cultural and environmental dimensions of sustainable development. It was established by the Executive Board of UNESCO at its 195th session within the framework of the Global Action Programme (GAP) on ESD and officially announced at the UNESCO World Conference on ESD (10-12 November 2014, Aichi-Nagoya, Japan).
Following the Executive Board’s decision 207 EX/10.III.B in November 2019, the Prize was renewed. In the renewed cycle, the Prize will be managed for a period of six years (2020-2025) and will be awarded once per biennium (i.e. 2021, 2023 and 2025).
Eligible for the Prize are institutions and organizations with a specific ESD project/programme that must:
• be ongoing and have been running for at least 4 years
• show presence of evidence of results and a high impact relative to the invested resources
• be replicable and scalable
• contribute to one or more of the 5 priority action areas of the ESD for 2030 framework (i.e. advancing policy, transforming learning and training environments, developing capacities of educators and trainers, mobilizing youth, accelerating sustainable solutions at local level, please refer to the page 25-34 of ESD for 2030 roadmap for more details).
- UNESCO will invite two representatives of each laureate to the award ceremony, which usually takes place
in Paris in October or November (all dates are announced on the Prize home page).
- Each laureate will receive an award, a diploma and the sum of US$50,000. The funds will be transferred to their bank account in the week of the award ceremony.
- All winners will be invited to join the ESD-Net 2030 for exchange and collaboration with ESD stakeholders from all over the world.
For More Information:
for more details click here