Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about AQUITY Innovations NPC Recent Job Opportunity – Apply Here!- read Full Application details below.
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Head Office
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Communications Officer is overall responsible for coordinating and strengthening AQUITY Innovation’s communication efforts to promote Global Fund (GF) Grant TB activities. The Communications Officer will develop and disseminate an overall communications plan and strategy for the Global Fund TB Program, as well as key messages for advancing prioritized areas of the Grant.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In consultation with AQUITY directors, develop and disseminate an overall communications strategy for the Global Fund TB Program.
- To develop a specific communication strategy and plan for high TB incidence zones, linked to mapping activities.
- Lead the implementation of developed communication strategies.
- In consultation with the Program team, develop and support dissemination of program IEC materials including braille and sign-language materials.
- Identify and create media opportunities to promote GF TB activities.
- Document success stories and publicize achievements within Global Fund guidelines.
- Draft press releases, media advisories and organise press conferences and other press events, as necessary.
- Run organisational website and social media accounts.
- Produce and curate effective content around programmatic issues, plans and achievements.
- Manage the production and deployment of reports (web or print) for the GF Grant and see them through from beginning to end – taking responsibility for media promotion where necessary.
- Manage any possible communications contracts and communication-related budget spending.
- Co-develop and conduct communications protocols and trainings for program Global Fund Program staff.
- Provide guidance and support to HQ and district teams in packaging, documenting and communication program achievements and reports.
- Develop newsletters highlighting lessons and successes
- Write personal stories of people infected and affected by TB
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education; graduate degree preferred;
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a communications role, preferably related to public health;
- Demonstrated practical experience in press outreach and digital communications;
- A strong understanding of and experience in using social media;
- Experience in working with national governments and donors;
- Background and an interest in global issues related to health and human rights will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Ability to build and maintain strong, relationships – internally within organizational divisions and teams, and externally with the Global Fund and its key partners;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and independent and collaborative problem-solving abilities, as needed.
- South African Drivers Licence
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow this link for our recruitment. www.aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment. No emailed submissions will be accepted.
Application Deadline: 11th August 2020.
for more details click here