Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Grassroot Soccer (GRS) Recent Available Job Opportunity- read Full Application details below.
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is a rapidly growing adolescent health organisation that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilise at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Since 2002, GRS has reached over 2 million young people in 50 countries with life-saving HIV prevention and sexual and reproductive health information and services. Grassroot Soccer is looking to significantly scale its impact via partnerships over the next five years, and reach over 1 million young people annually.
Grassroot Soccer South Africa (GRS SA) was founded as a local affiliate of GRS Inc. in 2006. It is registered as an NPO with a local Board of Directors. GRS SA has an annual budget of R30 million and has operated in all 9 provinces in South Africa and is currently implementing programmes in 3 provinces (Gauteng, Western Cape, Mpumalanga).
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Grassroot Soccer South Africa Headquarters, Johannesburg
Compensation: Commensurate based on experience
Reports To: Managing Director
The Business Development (BD) Manager plays an important role in GRS South Africa’s proposal development, donor retention, programme reporting, restricted and unrestricted fundraising for the organisation. The BD Manager maintains analysis of the adolescent health/SRHR/HIV funding situations in South Africa and internationally, actively seeks fundraising & partnership opportunities for GRS South Africa, works closely with the Managing Director and Programme Managers on proposal development, and coordinates writing, editing and submission of quarterly and annual programme reports. This position reports directly to GRS South Africa’s Managing Director, and works closely with the GRS Global Business Development Team. In collaboration with the GRS Global Communications Team, the BD Manager also supports opportunities to advocate for adolescent health in South Africa and increase awareness of GRS South Africa.
The BD Manager also supports South African organisations to replicate the GRS model and provides remote and occasional in-person technical support to these organisations to increase their capacity to deliver GRS interventions in their communities. This position is responsible for managing partner relationships, developing a partnering strategy for each partner, and overseeing grant mechanisms and agreements with partners, which includes establishing partnership agreements, work plans and budgets, and supporting partnerships with the necessary technical assistance.
- Support the Managing Director, and Programme Managers, in the development of concept notes, grant proposals and reports for a range of funders, including governments, foundations, corporations and individual donors
- Establish, maintain and improve active working relationships with government, funders, local and international NGOs
- Represent GRS South Africa with key intermediaries, stakeholders and partners in the public and private sectors, who are capable of funding and collaborating with GRS South Africa, as assigned by the Managing Director
- Represent GRS South Africa on Technical Working Groups and other bodies, both in South Africa and in the region
- Maintain an overview of the organisation’s plans, strategy and funding gaps
- Conduct regular trend analyses of funding landscapes and keep up to date on opportunities through current and new funders
- Gap analyses to inform fundraising strategies for GRS South Africa’s sites and business units
- Identify and nurture possible funding sources through the development of a diverse portfolio of prospects, including corporations, foundations, government agencies and HNWIs
- Quality-assure proposals, monthly and annual reports before submission to funding partners
- Manage GRS South Africa’s Business Development reporting schedule, coordinate and edit quarterly and annual funding reports with inputs from Programme Managers
- Maintain GRS South Africa BD Google calendar including events, high level meetings, proposal and reporting deadlines, speaking engagements, conferences, etc.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date the GRS South Africa BD, Partnerships & Grant Documents Google Drive folders
Partnership Management and Cultivation
- Work collaboratively with the Global Partnering Strategy team to assess and respond to relevant funding and partnership opportunities (Go-No- Go decision-making)
- Manage and strengthen relationships with a variety of partners including local implementing partners, donors, government agencies, and multi-lateral agencies
- Develop and implement national strategies for government influence, integration, and adoption of GRS programmes and/or approach
- Participate and lead on partner prospecting to assess, select and negotiate partnerships across stakeholders
- Assist with Implementing Partner identification and selection; answer partnership requests, conduct information sharing calls/meetings, attend conferences, networking meetings, and workshops to meet with potential enabling and implementing partners
- Conduct organisational assessments (virtual and in-person) with potential partners to ensure they have capacity to implement effectively and identify gaps for TA, or potential risk for GRS
- Align GRS SA assessments of partner needs with GRS tools to ensure adequate organisational structure and processes are in place for all partners, especially around child protection
- Document partner status, key decisions, health checks, and progress across the partner cycle
- Responsible for executing agreements of strategic partnerships including sub-grants, partnering agreements, contracts, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), etc.
- Oversee GRS’ ongoing technical assistance to partners (partner assessment, programme design, curriculum adaptation, partner capacity building and training, M&E, BD, Operations, etc.) through specialised support as determined through phone/Skype calls, emails, in person visits or assessments according to budget and partner needs
- Liaise regularly with Implementing Partners and field staff including Master Coaches to ensure that programmes are delivered as planned and deliverables are fulfilled and documented
- Work with partners to ensure accurate M&E data collection from all Partnership projects in order to monitor reach and impact of individual partner projects
- Gather and synthesise reports from partners for streamlined reporting and communication back to donors, as well as internally to assess programmes and make improvements
- Contribute to communications and marketing documents related to partner portfolios including monthly newsletters, website posts, social media, and other communications campaigns
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- Preferable graduate degree in Business, Development Studies, Marketing or similar field
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in Proposal Development and Grant Management, with implementation experience in the development sector
- Experience with content writing, proposal writing, report writing, editing
- Experience with events planning and implementation, media liaison
- Effective communicator, both written and oral, with experience in cross-cultural communication
- Experience in project management
- Excellent spoken and written proficiency in English
- Experience working with international donor agencies (USAID, UKaid, etc.)
- Ability to manage and advance a diverse portfolio of funders, including corporations, foundations, government agencies and individuals
- Strong research and presentation skills, and the ability to synthesise information concisely
- Skilled and dynamic self-starter
- Strong organisational skills, results and detail-oriented, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Able to work well independently, with other disciplines, and within a team
- Highly organised and with an extremely sharp proofreading eye
- Experience in social media, with a firm grasp of tools and platforms
- Experience in Google Management, Donor and Contact Management Systems
- High enthusiasm and positive attitude
- An interest in sports and an appreciation of its potential to impact social development
- Passion for and commitment to Grassroot Soccer’s mission and vision
Ideal candidate should demonstrate the following traits:
Successful leaders at Grassroot Soccer are bold, yet humble. They are passionate about the mission of Grassroot Soccer, and understand their role on the Grassroot Soccer team to achieve its mission.
Day to day, they are….
- Proactive: can anticipate both opportunities and obstacles and take action
- Professional: level-headed; ability to de-escalate difficult situations, behave exceptionally, and manage/minimize distractions
- Problem Solvers: comfortable with ambiguity, can creatively unlock bottlenecks and
- turn problems into opportunities
…they demonstrate lots of…
- Common Sense: prioritizing the right things at the right time; making good, quick, informed decisions balancing multiple issues and points of view
- Self-awareness: know where one’s blind spots are, recognize differences, and build a team to complement one’s skills and weaknesses
…and a strong bias for…
- Follow-through and Outcomes: deliver results, not just create lots of activity
- Treating People Well: empathetic, kind, great listener, yet can make tough decisions and hold oneself/others accountable
Please submit a detailed CV and cover letter to [email protected].
With “Business Development Manager SA” on the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2020
for more details click here