Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Greenpeace Africa Latest Job Vacancy – Apply Now!- read Full Application details below.
Greenpeace Africa is a growing movement of people acting in protection of the environment. Our campaigns use peaceful, creative confrontation to expose environmental injustices around the world and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: South Africa
Duration: Fixed term until June 2021
Role purpose and overview:
The purpose of the Security Officer role is to ensure that staff, volunteers, activists, colleagues and partners at Greenpeace Africa are safe and secure by promoting a Security Culture and providing advice, tools and up to date protocols and procedures along with specific and maintained documents.
The Security Officer reports to the Security Manager and collaborates and coordinates with all our teams working in South Africa and may be required to support other Greenpeace countries.The Security Officer carries out risk identification and assessment for activities, events, ship work, actions and investigations for specific projects, including duty of care to activists, coordinators, logisticians with budget control specific to security and advice on these matters. They will contribute to the unit strategy, creativity and tactical capabilities in order to achieve the objectives of Greenpeace Africa aligned to the annual development plan and organisational strategy. The Security Officer will ensure that country security assessments and Standard Operating Procedures are up to date, implemented and followed by facilitating discussions on risks, mitigation and grading for an overall security management plan per country.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Risks & Security
- Ensure that the security management cycle is followed and each step implemented has the appropriate protocols, procedures and forms are up to date and maintained for all programme related work.
- Keep teams informed on advice given for relevant parties (Greenpeace staff, visitors, Country Managers, partners, allies, activists, volunteers) on country security, SOP’s and policies.
- Work closely with Regional Country coordinators, Programme staff, Office Management and Country Coordinators to ensure security of all GP Africa Staff, partners, activists and volunteers is a priority.
- Supporting and Advising Teams in conceptualising security management plans and mitigation measures arising from risk analyses.
- Sign off on travel within Africa for colleagues within the specific hub of the Security Officer.
- Support incident reporting across the organisation, mitigation measures taken when necessary and amendments to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as necessary.
- Ensure that issues of Security non-compliance or negligence are escalated from staff to relevant managers.
- Ensure there is up to date discussions on office security – Site, Health & Safety and Country Security.
- Conduct, facilitate and lead external and internal training programmes.
- Ensure Critical incident management team input to the Security Working Group and real time advice to the Crisis Response Team.
Tools and Policies
- Contribute to the production, review and updating of all office and project security standard operating procedures (SOPs, Country Assessments and Health & Safety regulations) within the allocated Regional Hub.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years of experience in security or related fields preferably in Africa with some exposure globally or 3 years of experience in international security, or a related field.
- Understanding and alignment to Greenpeace core values.
- Must be fluent in English and French.
- Politically savvy.
- Strong Computer Literacy.
- Worked in or advised personnel in conflict countries in the NGO sector
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to work under pressure.
- Experience of maintaining own administrative systems.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan and manage budgets.
- Experience with Risk management and mitigation.
- Have the ability to be immediately deployed and physically present in any of our hubs and areas of operations when and if required by the organisation (willingness to travel).
Please send your letter of motivation, résumé and contact details of three professional references to with the email: [email protected] Subject line: Security Officer.
Application Deadline: Sunday 16 August 2020 at 23:00 SAST.
for more details click here