Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) Recent Job Vacancy- read Full Application details below.
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global Limited), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Reporting To: Board of Directors
Employment Type: Regular (Department / Project: Management)
The incumbent will be responsible to manage all aspects of operations and organizational development (policy/culture/staff development and support). In addition, develop and provide systems and remain overall responsible for Administration, Finance and Human Resource offices. S/he will closely work with Global CFO, Global Director HR, Heads of Contracts & Grants, Governance and other global key responsible as well as Country Director and other technical leads in South Africa.
- Lead departments under the span of control in right direction and formulate strategies at Institutional and Departmental levels.
- Ensure each position under span of control is operated with efficient and productive resources.
- Work closely with CD to ensure activity monitoring, policies/SOPs and KPIs are in place and the same are being monitored on regular basis, and corrective and preventive measures are taken accordingly.
- Set up annual goals (short and long term) for the organization and operating departments.
- Develop new (missing) policies for core functions and to ensure that all policies are implemented.
- Ensure provision of best practices and maintain high quality standards through seamless services.
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local statutory regulations and in line with global guidelines.
- Provide CD and Program Leads relating to program budgets and expenses, and facilitate in managing expenses.
- Interact with various stakeholders in IRD and contribute productively towards resolving organizational issues.
- Ensure cost containment and cost effectiveness in all areas, without compromising on quality.
- Represent IRD at forums, platforms and institutions on regular and need basis like monthly manager’s meeting, Board meetings etc. to update about operational activities.
- Office of Finance:
- Support Country Director (CD) to ensure that IRD’s financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet donor standards.
- Work closely with CD to ensure financial and program KPIs are achieved based on agreed quarterly/annual targets as agreed by the Global Executive Committee (EC).
- For support division, ensure controlling expenditure and disbursement of resources are in accordance with established budgets & procedures and maintain the financial and legal integrity of country office.
- Responsible to streamline payment mechanism in accordance with approval matrix, for the approved budgets and expenses. Monitor budgets and controls costs based on sound financial and accounting principles, IRD Global guidelines, and donor requirements.
- Authorize and approve all indirect costs incurred (as per approval matrix).
- Together with CD, facilitate IRD and project audit(s), as per defined requirements.
- Devise and execute budget planning methodology for IRD South Africa; implement budgeting process and ensure that departmental budgets are prepared, presented and processed accordingly.
- Office of Human Resources:
- Ensure all HR policies are aligned with country specific statutory and donor requirement(s), Global Human Resource (GHR) guidelines (policies) and IRD’s vision and core values.
- Work closely with CD and Program Leads to ensure development of staff as per HR specific guidelines.
- Review and approve monthly payroll for all employees.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate continuity and succession planning is in place.
- Provide an enabling work-environment that fosters motivation amongst employees and ensure job enrichment, motivation, personnel counseling and mentorship.
- Office of Administration:
- Ensure provision of best Administration practices and maintain high quality standards through seamless services.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment for staff members.
- Develop procurement, transport and travel guidelines as per country specific and audit requirement(s); using guidance from Global Procurement and Travel guidelines.
- Furnish required information to Global Directors, Executive Director and Country Director relating to IRD operations and services, issues and challenges and improvements options.
- Empower the operation and program teams with leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations.
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform any other task(s) as assigned by the line-manager.
- Required Qualification:
- Master’s degree preferably in Business Administration.
- Required Experience:
- At least 15 years of experience preferably in healthcare industry.
- At least 5 years’ experience in management position.
- Required Skills:
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of laws and regulations
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail [email protected]
Application Deadline: 7th August 2020.
for more details click here