Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about LandNNES Current Job Vacancy – Apply Now!- read Full Application details below.
LandNNES is the Land Network National Engagement Strategy in South Africa. LandNNES was launched by civil society stakeholders in 2018, following the establishment of a national Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP) for People-Centred Land Governance in 2017. It operates as a consultative civil society platform which brings together members with a common medium-long term perspective to create a force that increases possibilities for People Centered Land Governance. The Network is focussed on policy level advocacy through a strategy of Connecting, Mobilising and Engaging. The strategic goal of the LandNNES South Africa is to realise equitable, inclusive and participatory land governance, effective land administration and agrarian transformation that enhance women’s rights to live on and use land.
Job Title: Working Group Convenors
Location: Aywhere in South Africa
LandNNES’ membership is currently composed of 24 Civil Society Members who work on land, agriculture and fisheries in support of marginalized land rights holders and small-scale farmers and fishers. The work is organized into three Working Groups (WG): the #Get it WG, the #Keep it WG and the #Use it WG. Through the work plans of the WGs and the positions they support LandNNES members to develop and adopt, civil society is able to effectively engage stakeholders in the MSP. LandNNES has an agreed long term strategy and 3 year action plans which were adopted in 2018, which are constituted by the WG action plans. The WG are each convened by a part-time (3 days per month) Working Group Convenor who reports to the internal facilitator and is contracted by the LandNNES fiscal host, currently AFRA. These will be fixed term contracts, from the signature of the contract until the 31 December 2021.
The Working Group Convenors will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Working Group to plan its work around the theme and ensure that the plans are implemented on time and within budget;
- Support members of the Working Group to be actively involved in implementation and monitoring of LandNNES strategy and plans;
- Convene members of the Working Group on a monthly basis to discuss and analyse issues emerging from the grassroots, to hear and discuss current policy developments, and to propose positions to be taken forward through the MSP;
- Discuss, analyse and write brief reports on emerging issues regularly with the LandNNES internal facilitator in order to abstract their policy making and advocacy implications;
- Document the work of the Working Group and share it on appropriate media and communication platforms with other LandNNES members and, where relevant, policy makers and the general public;
- To synthesize emerging policy issues and how they are being taken up at national level in order to share them with the Working Group;
- To support the internal facilitator with reporting to donors;
- To support the internal facilitator with developing funding proposals;
- To adhere rigorously and timeously to all administrative and budgetary requirements of the fiscal host.
The Working Group Convenors must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, self-motivated and well organized
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Possess a sound understanding of policy processes and how they may be influenced and engaged with
- Minimum of five years’ experience of high-level networking with civil society networks, building capacity of NGOs and an excellent understanding of the relevant Working Group’s land governance and agrarian transformation issues
Preference for this position will be given to youth, women and Employment Equity (EE) candidates, particularly existing members of LandNNES If the applicant is employed by an existing member, the contract will be held by the member who commits to ensuring the Convener can allocate three days a month to the convening task. If the member is self-employed or unemployed, the contract will be with the individual directly.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 28th August 2020
for more details click here