Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about mothers2mothers (m2m) Current Employment Opportunity- read Full Application details below.
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities.
Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Job Title: Country Director
Location: South Africa
The Country Director (CD) will strategically lead the development and implementation of the mothers2mothers (m2m) programme in Angola, and lead a multi-disciplinary country team, ensuring alignment to the m2m strategic plan and organisational direction. To ensure quality programming and organisational success, the CD will draw on resources from the Head Office departments of finance, human resources, communications, business development, operations, programmes and technical support. The CD oversees the day-to-day implementation of the RISE II project in Angola, including coordination of project activities with the National Institute to Fight HIV/AIDS (INLS) and other PEPFAR partners. The position is based in Luanda, Angola.
Key Performance Areas
Leadership and Management of m2m Angola
- Lead the development, implementation and review of country strategy and operational plans, including annual workplan and budget, aligned to the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate the employment, development, and performance management of in-country staff, improving organizational, team, and individual performance while promoting teamwork and the values, mission, vision and culture of m2m at all levels.
- Build, maintain and manage effective and efficient organisational operating systems to support programme service delivery such as finance, administration, IT, and HR. Ensure the sound development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all country-level operating systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective use of financial resources at all levels (including the utilisation of budget tracking, expenditure analysis, and forecasting) to support programme service delivery, holding fiduciary responsibility for the m2m Angola entity.
Stakeholder Relations and Engagement
- Represent m2m with international, national, and regional stakeholders, partners, government, and donors in promotion of the organisation’s strategic objectives, ensuring smooth operation of m2m’s programme and active involvement in key national processes.
- Build partnerships and generate financial commitments to sustain and expand m2m’s programming in Angola in line with organisational objectives and identified needs, including leadership for proposal development.
- Provide country intelligence and insight to resource mobilization team to inform planning and proposal development led by head office.
- Ensure close working relationships with MOH and partner organizations to ensure harmonized efforts and coordination of project activities.
- Manage relationships with donors and serve as the liaison to senior leaders in partner organisations.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID/Angola mission for RISE II project. Lead project review meetings and provide proactive updates on RISE II Angola project performance, and work with DCOP to adapt project to respond to country mission priorities. Participate actively in USG partner meetings.
- Lead the design, implementation, and expansion of m2m programme activities in Angola, including strategic innovations related to scaling up of geographical and technical scope, aligned to donor, MOH, and m2m priorities.
- Manage ongoing expansion of current m2m programming and oversee quality implementation of existing programme services through programmatic assessment and evaluation.
- Lead and provide technical oversight of the implementation, monitoring, and expansion of project activities, in line with USAID and MOH priorities. Lead the adaptation of Mentor Mother Model innovations for RISE II Angola programming and to remain aligned with national guidelines and policies.
- Ensure quality program implementation. Oversee at least monthly analysis of supportive supervision results and other technical assessments; work with Technical Specialist, Provincial Coordinators and SI Assistant to identify quality improvement priorities, capacity building and training needs, and develop capacity building and implementation plans to address gaps.
- Engage head office technical and M&E staff to provide technical oversight and guidance into project implementation
- Conduct supportive supervision as required to monitor site-level service delivery; support site-level QI processes as needed. Oversee preparations and follow-ups from PEPFAR SIMS visits.
- Ensure the timely submission of high quality donor reports, record-keeping, and compliance to all relevant donor requirements.
- Hold responsibility for corporate governance for m2m Angola, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, social science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience planning, managing, and monitoring RMNCH, PMTCT, HIV or public health programs at a national level
- At least 3 years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or intercultural environment at the national / country level
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project performance, using M&E data for program improvement. Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret program performance information.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and budget monitoring, and ensuring good stewardship of human, financial, and material resources
- Familiarity with adult learning principles
- Demonstrated experience developing project workplans and writing quality donor reports
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders at a national level
- Demonstrated success in organisational representation, fund development, donor and partner relationship management
- Experience in line managing senior staff
- Experience implementing USAID/PEPFAR projects in Angola
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to translate organisational vision into concrete action
- Advanced skills in strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation
- Demonstrated excellent writing ability
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to conduct relationships with senior level managers, government officials and public health staff
- Determination, resourcefulness
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- A passion for m2m’s mission and vision
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/
Application Deadline: 31 July 2020
for more details click here