Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Sudan, International IDEA Current Employment Opportunity- read Full Application details below.
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance is an intergovernmental organization that works to support and strengthen democratic institutions and processes around the world, to develop sustainable, effective and legitimate democracies.
International IDEA is managing a three-year EU funded programme to support Sudan’s transition to a democratic system of government, and to contribute to SDG 16 to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
The programme seeks to support the democratic transition by supporting the establishment of mechanisms for dialogue and consensus building on the transition process; strengthen stakeholders’ capacity for constitution building; enhance stakeholders’ capacity for electoral reform that will facilitate credible electoral processes; and strengthen citizens awareness on the transitional process and broader democratic governance practices. It is anticipated that Sudan’s transition period and processes will provide an opportunity for Sudan’s transition to democracy.
Job Title: Programme Officer (CBP – International IDEA)
The Programme Officer will contribute to the design and implementation of the Sudan programme, analyses political developments in Sudan and will contribute to monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the programme, as well as the communications and visibility plan.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Contributing to the design, planning and implementation of constitution building activities for the Sudan programme
- Supporting the facilitation of capacity building sessions to enhance the capacity of civil society and other stakeholders to engage in constitutional negotiations
- Contributing to the establishment of multi-stakeholder constitution building dialogue platforms through the facilitation of workshops and dialogue sessions
- Developing knowledge products relating to Sudan’s transition, and supports the contextualizing and updating of existing International IDEA publications
- Assessing and analyzing political developments in Sudan and makes recommendations for the update and revision of the programme activities and initiatives
- Serves as a focal person for the coordination of constitution building activities between International IDEA and the implementing partners, ensuring effective coordination of the programme
- Developing and maintaining of a network of key actors and stakeholders in Sudan, and manages memorandums of understanding
- Ensuring constitution building activities are implemented in accordance with the workplan
- Modifying the workplan as necessary throughout programme implementation
- Contributing to monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of the programme ensuring timely communication to the EU and to International IDEA Headquarters
- Maintaining regular communication with the EU delegation, and provides timely progress reports on programme activities
- Contributing to the implementation of the communications and visibility plan
- Ensuring recognition for the programme goals, key messages and the financial support provided by the EU is covered at workshops, and in official publications and media outreach
- Contributing to outcome harvesting and storytelling to communicate the achievements and impact of the programme
The Programme Officer (CBP) must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- University degree in in political science, international law, international development, peace and development studies or related subject
- A minimum five (5) years relevant experience working in the field of democracy and governance in Sudan and/or Africa
- Experience in the field of constitution-building, peacebuilding, or democratic transition processes is required
- Experience in support to deconcentrated, decentralized institutions will be considered an advantage
- Experience with EU funded projects will be considered an asset
- Integrates a results-based approach into the design, management and evaluation of all his/her programmatic activities
- Has a good understanding of relevant programmatic issues in the key geographical zone where his/her work is implemented – which may imply field experience at some point
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required. Any other widely spoken language in an International IDEA priority region would be an asset.
This is a fixed term appointment until 31 December 2022
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Sudan.
Please note that all applications must be made in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 24 July 2020
for more details click here