Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about Tekano Recent Job Vacancy – Apply Here!- read Full Application details below.
The MEL Manager is responsible for leading and managing the monitoring, evaluation and learning function at TEKANO (both internal and external). The role will develop and implement an M & E, strategy and framework They will develop appropriate MEL tools and lead the organisation in ongoing learning processes and will closely work with the Programmes and Operations to implement any changes to the organisational strategies
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager
Location: South Africa
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning – Lead on the design, implementation, analysis and interpretation of all monitoring strategies and tools at Tekano to assess if Tekano’s Fellowship programme interventions have achieved their intended objectives and document these. Provide guidance and input to the Programmes team to ensure that the fellowship programme and all other interventions respond to the results of Tekano’s monitoring processes.
- Research – Conduct or commission continuous research into cutting edge thinking on addressing the social structural and commercial determinants of health in South Africa and the global south to advice the Programmes team on the development of its programmes and activities
- Capacity Building – Build MEL skills capacity within TEKANO by providing training interventions to staff Fellow where appropriate
- Knowledge Management – Develop a learning and knowledge management system for TEKANO and ensure that it is used across the organisation
- Stakeholder Engagement – Liaise with important stakeholders in M&E and establish and maintain relations
- People Management – Manage MEL staff to ensure high performance; Support both the professional and personal development of staff; Ensure that the team delivers their planned outcomes.
- Post-graduate degree, preferably Masters level in a related field
- 8 -10 Years’ work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation environment at a senior level
- Clear track record of designing and implementing MEL processes and methodologies that organisations can use to measure their outcomes
- Experience in social justice advocacy initiatives
- Experience and comfort in collaborating with communities and constituencies of people affected by health or other inequities.
- Proficiency in electronic communications and standard office software.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- An additional South African language would be an advantage.
Please email cv and motivation letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 7th August 2020
for more details click here