Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) Ongoing Recruitment- read Full Application details below.
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa. We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential.
Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: (Observatory) Cape Town.
Employment type: Fixed – Term Contract; Ends 31 January 2021
The purpose of this position is to find a person that will work on a short course is to improve the health and wellbeing of adolescents in South Africa, through increasing capacity to implement interventions included in national policies. The Research Assistant will be expected to assist the implementation of the course including administrative tasks, liaising with participants and various stakeholders. The Research Assistant will furthermore be required to provide assistance with online resource toolkit development by researching and collating relevant information. Will form part of the Adolescent Programmes team and will be focused on assisting with the projects this team is responsible for implementing including, but not limited to, the Adolescent and Youth Health Policy Short Course (AYHP SC) registered at the University of Cape Town (UCT) run by the DTHF with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- Matric and Tertiary qualification in Health or Social Sciences or other relevant field (Master’s Degree advantageous)
- At least two years research experience in particular involving adolescents; including study administration
- Highly Computer literate (familiarity with Vula platform advantageous)
- Ability to self-manage and to work independently
- Proven ability to use online platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Inquisitive and non-judgmental attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Assist with online platforms and course implementation including stakeholder engagements, course administration assistance, and assisting participants online
- To review, analyze and summarize existing data and information from government, academic and other relevant sources in order to develop an online adolescents in research toolkit
- Support implementation of various projects including the Adolescent Youth Policy Short Course and Adolescents in Research Toolkit
- Monitoring and evaluation by submitting regular updates of activities and progress
- Attend meetings as required for team projects
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager [email protected]. Job reference: #DTHF/C012. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only on-line applications
Application Deadline: Thursday, 23 July, 2020
for more details click here