Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) Job Vacancy- read Full Application details below.
The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that works to ensure that sex workers rights are defended and that people selling sex have access to health and other services. They view sex work as work and all our direct services are focused on engaging, empowering and linking sex workers to services that will meet their needs.
Job Title: Finance and Operations Officer
Location: Cape Town (Sisonke Department)
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the processing, capturing and record keeping of financial transactions related to Sisonke within SWEAT. She/he plays a role in the organisation’s ethical, accountable and cost effective operations.
- A bachelor degree in Finance or accounting
- Other requirements:
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Cloud based systems
- Good Administration skills
- NGO Sector knowledge
- Sex Work Knowledge
- Proposal writing knowledge
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge in accounting and payroll system software
- Knowledge of budget maintenance
- Maintain good filling system
- Good communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- Report-writing skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player and be able to work under pressure.
- Non-judgemental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times.
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare the Sisonke Monthly File for the Bookkeeper, ensure all documentation is up-to-date and error free
- Assist the Sisonke Manager to accurately spend funds to budget, using monthly Variance Reports received from Bookkeeper
- Submitting reports for directly donors to Sisonke.
- Payments and Petty Cash:
- Submit for Processing all approved Sisonke payments to Senior Finance Officer
- Conduct reconciliations of payments when required/requested
- Ensure all payments are submitted with the prescribed paperwork and authority for the payment is given
- Ensure that all reconciliations are done within 7 days of advance given.
- Respond to and document queries from Sisonke debtors/creditors
- Respond to queries from staff members with regard to Sisonke payments and budgets
- Respond to queries from the Bookkeeper and Operations and Finance manager with regard to the project
- Manage service providers
- Programme Improvement and Planning:
- Participate in Financial planning meetings
- Participate in monitoring the project’s financial management and make recommendations for new systems, approaches and policies
- Work closely with the Administration Team and Sisonke Management
- Assist with planning and payments for annual meetings and events
- Ordering of stationery and office equipment, including observing the necessary procurement processes
- Communicate with organisation Accountant consultant on organisation budget allocations and queries
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain filing system, ensuring that all information relating to financial records, donors, governance and projects are accessible and in order (including electronic copies)
- Create and maintain the Project Assets Register
- Participate in the annual audit, ensuring documentation is made available to auditors
- Prepare & present Sisonke finance quarterly report to Board of Directors and attend any queries from the Board
- Participate in Finance Team meetings, Sisonke staff meetings, etc.
- Attend to such tasks as designated.
- Participate and contribute to proposal contents
- Prepare the budgets for new proposals
- Sisonke Budgets
- Monitor all SISONKE budgets to ensure variances are brought to the attention of the management for all SISONKE funders
- Advise SISONKE management on ways to utilize budgets in line with funding agreements
- Prepare budget re-allocations as agreed upon by the funder
- Site visits and trainings:
- Conducting site visit to ascertain financial needs of provinces
- Conduct trainings to provinces in financial requirements and adherence
- Monitor assets and conduct asset verification in provinces
- Recommend, plan and implement optimal process, people and system solutions, including automation for efficiency
- Oversee and monitor compliance, delegated authority and organisational risk, the annual audit, procurement and exception management.
- Manage, support and oversee staff engaged finance, grants, human resources and operations – including administration, logistics, travel, ICT, office and infrastructure, and procurement.
- Facilitate through technical advice the extension of services, resources, policies, procedures and processes
- Advance technology, systems and processes within the organisation to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Support the Operations team in all areas of administration, logistics, staffing, compliance and efficiencies.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Queries from the SWEAT Bookkeeper and Operations manager number not more than 5, and these are resolved within 3 days of them being received.
Applicants must send a covering letter, explaining their relevant experience, as well as their CV to Nomakwezi Sopuwa: [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 7 August, 2020
for more details click here