Welcome to GBest Portal. We are pleased to inform you about World Vision South Africa (WVSA) Latest Job Vacancy- read Full Application details below.
The purpose of the position is to effectively manage and coordinate key humanitarian emergency affairs occurrences, the Administration, Transport and Security functions of World Vision SAR and WV South Africa. This includes people, inventory, and fleet and security incidents management.
Job Title: Humanitarian Emergency Affairs, Admin and Security Coordinator
Location: South Africa
Improved institutional capacity for disaster management (DM).
- Facilitate for development of framework and DRM plans for SAR & WVSA.
- Build capacity of projects and link them with the institutions of DM in RSA context.
- Facilitate CBDRM training and liaise with DM experts for developing IEC materials on disasters.
- Carry out disaster risk assessment of communities through participatory approaches and work with technical experts on some technical issues of risk assessment
Planning and Strategic Role
- Plan and design for administration of fleet (Vehicles and motorbikes) to ensure cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Implement and maintain administration and fleet management policies, systems and procedures.
- Maintain fleet disposal schedule and initiate disposal processes according to World Vision policies.
- Participate in budgeting process for the department.
- Strengthen Standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes; especially the GPS (GEOTAB) fleet monitoring.
- Analyze and disseminate information from fleet management (GPS and any other) system for management decision.
- Ensure that all organization’s motor vehicles and motorcycles are properly insured in accordance with the set policies.
- Promote and spearhead safety driving /riding of motorcycles and motor vehicles in the organization.
- Management of the disposal process of the WVSAR and SA Vehicles and motorcycles in accordance with the disposal policy.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for goods and services
- Analyze vehicle status and cost upkeep, provide recommendations on vehicle disposal and replacement.
- Support the implementation of the security management plan for the country program through providing adequate transport planning and support.
- Ensure effective management of the office security in liaison with the SARO Risk Department.
- Maintain a system of asset management in line with World Vision guidelines.
- Ensure effective management of office premises and good facility management.
- Together with Admin Assistants, ensure that effective and efficient events management and logistics are delivered to staff.
- Manage the administrative logistics of expatriate and international staff.
- Monitor the contracts in the administration department to achieve value for money
- Facilitate implementation of the National Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with Corporate Security guidelines and training.
- Develop and maintain critical security incident contingency plans based on Country Risk Rating and Response Context.
- Represent WVSAR and SARO at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
- Provide a regular security report to the National Office, Region and Office of Corporate Security. Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A University Degree in Business Administration/Logistics or relevant Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management. (General Management/Administration studies also considered);
- Qualification in logistics management or Administration is necessary
- At least a level of professional qualification of CIPS or CILT or an equivalent in Administration.
- Three (3) years managerial experience in Administration, Logistics and Fleet Management
- Must have a valid driving permit with at least 5 years driving experience.
- Must have good analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship:
- Previous experience in the professional security arena (INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- Committed to the World Vision values and ethics
Additional work experience required as a minimum qualification for this position
- Candidate must have previously led or supervised diverse teams or departments for not less than two years.
- Proficiency in English and one of the local languages (IsiZulu, Sesotho, Xhosa).
- Experience in both profit and not for profit in complex cultural environment
Submission & Deadline
If you are the right candidate, please email your letter of motivation (Max 1 page) and CV (Max 5 pages) with contactable references to Ms Lele Ngcongwane at the email: [email protected]. Only short listed candidates who meet the minimum criteria, will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Sunday the 28th of August
for more details click here